Fishing & Weather Apps
Smartphone apps have been a great technological development for anglers, with apps providing access to valuable tide and weather information with the flick of a finger. Below are links to a short list of excellent weather and fishing apps for iOS and Android users.
WillyWeather is a feature rich weather app that includes BoM radar and satellite, detailed wind, rain, tide, swell and UV forecasts, as well as moon phases, and sunrise and sunset times. Best of all… it’s FREE!
Pulling its data from the Bureau of Meteorology, Pocket Weather is a beautifully rendered app, providing detailed weather information for locations all over Australia. At $2.50 on the iTunes Store, and $1.99 on the Google Play Store, it’s an investment you won’t regret.
The Australian Fishing App
Android’s first fully interactive and most comprehensive app for Australian fishermen.
- A complete fishing reference, featuring over 250 fish, shark, ray and invertebrate species. Extensive info for every listing, including common and latin names, ratings, range, size, identification, where to find and how to catch, as well as eating notes. The guide is categorised and fully searchable for simple access.
- Fishing rules and regulations for every listed species, unique for each state and territory of Australia.
- Fully interactive! Share your catches and see what everyone else in the country is catching. Interact with others and comment on their catches. Filter your results to find the precise info you’re looking for. Catches are searchable and can be viewed on a sortable list or a map, so you can see exactly where Australians are catching fish, and how.
- Log your catches in as much or as little detail as you wish, with dozens of possible variables.
- Save and share your fishing spots, favourite tackle stores, boat ramps or other places of interest. Comment on shared places.
- Completely integrated with Facebook. Share your catches with all your online friends.
- Dozens of fishing tips, hints and facts about fish and fishing.
Total Fishing Australia
Total Fishing Australia is easily the most comprehensive, informative and therefore useful app for Australian anglers.
Have all the fishing information you need at your fingertips, whenever or wherever you want to wet a line, with the Total Fishing Australia app. It includes GPS coordinates, location and species guides, how-to videos, monthly photo competition and a fishing diary, and links to weather, solunar and tide information. Get directions to the nearest tackle shop or boat ramp quicker than you can bait a hook.
Total Fishing Australia is the fishing app with real byte. $4.99 on Google Play
SA Recreational Fishing Guide
This must-have guide for anyone wanting to fish in South Australian waters features fast and easy access to the latest in fishing rules, regulations and other relevant news.
This FREE app will provide local and visiting fishers with easy information on South Australian recreational fishing rules and regulations, area closures and catch and size limits as well as the ability to report suspicious or illegal fishing activity to Fishwatch. Users will also be able to report shark sightings and make catch reports.
The official rules for recreational fishing in South Australia bought to you by the Fisheries and Aquaculture Division of the Department of Primary Industry and Regions, South Australia (PIRSA).